a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization
This year Valor Ranch hosted the first remote, and physically distanced Freedom Day community service project on 9/11 activating 64 volunteers and "22" organizations to build a community Aquaponic garden with the potential to feed up to 270 people per week.
WAIT! There's more...
34% of the garden was completed on 9/11 leaving 66% to complete by 31 October 2021.
The produce garden will feed SHEROES in transition, provide a source of revenue from farmers' markets as well as help those in the community who have been affected by COVID-19. The fish utilized in maintaining the aquaponic garden will also provide another food resource.
This community project is one that continues to give as volunteers will grow their knowledge in the art of setting-up and maintaining an aquaponic garden. Volunteers will leave with a skillset that can be utilized at another greenhouse facility or to grow their own personal garden.
Please register as a volunteer to help with the service project...gather to do the good!